Thursday, July 23, 2009

The birther people

I posted a comment on my Facebook page yesterday referencing the Republican senators and other assorted people who are running around Washington claiming that President Obama has no right to be President because he is not a natural born citizen and apparently I struck a nerve with one of my "friends". She wrote asking me not to post anything controversial on my own page! I reminded her of my free speech option and never heard anything back.
But the problem is still there. Not the FB issue - the issue of people claiming that Pres O shouldn't be where he is because they don't believe all the verification presented nullifying their complaint of Obama's birth location.
Really?
Is this all they have to do? Shouldn't we be spending energy where it's needed? Are they so threatened by this man or maybe, more to the point, are they that overcome by the thought of a black man occupying our highest office that they have to stoop to these allegations?
Yes, I am raising the issue of race. Why else would this be an issue? And a stupid one at that? Did anyone ask for Bush's documentation? Or Clinton's? Or McCain's? McCain wasn't even born in this country but his parents are citizens so that makes him one. Obama was born in Hawaii. Last time I looked that was a state of our union.
Come on, people, get over it. Move on. Pick another battle.
Like health care.
Oh, wait, there are Republicans trying to block that, too.
You know, when Bush was elected, Democrats cried foul but then moved on to the business of trying to run this country. Republicans don't seem to have that much class. They would rather complain themselves into oblivion. That would be okay with me if they weren't trying to drag the country along with them.
Complain in a corner all you want. Just stop trying to grind this country to a halt while you do your silly bickering.

No comments:

Post a Comment