Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hope and Peace

My husband and I have been on a news fast for over a year. Of course, with the recent election we did fall off the wagon a bit. I admit I was the greatest offender. There were days I just couldn't get enough about the campaign. But for the most part, we refused to watch the evening news. What little news I got was from reading on the web and there I could pick and choose what I exposed myself to. Sometimes, all I read was the headline just to make sure I didn't need to head down to some undisclosed location because all mayhem had broken out.
I can't tell you what a difference it has made in our life. We are one of those couples who have opted to have a TV in the bedroom even though it's frowned upon. We enjoy watching TV in there and even have a DVD player. But we watch movies from Spiritual Cinema Circle not blood and gore R-rated movies.
Our life is now one of hope and peace rather than the fear-mongering that the MSM likes to offer up. Who decided gloom and doom was the way to get ratings?
I propose that we all try to look on the bright side of things and as a country refrain from the constant hand-wringing. It won't accomplsh anything. The more energy we give to the negative, the more negative we will get.
We have a new President taking office in less than two weeks. The bad days are behind us. We have nothing but good in front of us. Let's remember the slogan that got him into the White House in the first place "Yes, we can!".
I will be glued to my TV on January 20, 2009. It's a great day for all of us. 2009 is going to be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment