Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kiva.org

Many years ago, I read Gail Sheehy's Passages , a book that profoundly affected me. I was in the beginning stages of the groups she covered in her book and I wondered if life would evolve for me as it had for the people she studied. So far, she is right 100%. I have now thankfully evolved from a self-centered young person into [I hope] a more centered, more accepting, more involved, more peaceful older person.
It actually gives me plessure to reach out.
If you find yourself in the same place, I urge you to check out Kiva. I first heard of Kiva when I read Bill Clinton's book Giving. Kiva is an organization that lends money to entrepreneurs - with micro loans- all over the world. That's what's so unique about it. You and I can make a difference in someone's life by just loaning something as little as $25. It's a great example how a bunch of little acts can do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment