Thursday, March 4, 2010

The power of positive thinking

I was out shopping yesterday. I love beading. It's my new hobby and I find it very relaxing. I also find it very relaxing to shop for beads. especially when I have a coupon. Which I did. So there I was at one of my favorite bead stores, browsing.
Soon, I was aware of a conversation going on between two women in the store. I wasn't eavesdropping. Their conversation was loud enough for anyone to hear and I didn't get the impression they cared if anyone heard. They were having a good time conversing and occasionally other people offered comments as well.
That's not my point.
What is my point was the topic. Men. A fine topic.
But the attitude of one of the women disturbed me. She was obviously going through a rough patch in her relationship and was upset about that. But she was also painting all men with the same brush as her current partner.
I found that disturbing. Not because of her attitude toward men. She is certainly entitled to it. But it disturbed me that she didn't see that her attitude was going to bring her more of the same. I almost left the store because of her negativity.
Maybe that's a small thing. But so often we don't realize that our attitude really does affect our outcomes and experiences. Expect the worst and it will often happen, maybe even because we drew it to ourselves.
Too New Agey for you? That's OK. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
But this is mine.

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge believer of positive thinking. Right now, I am trying to brush off negative energy from people and friends.
    Life is such a wonderful blessing to waste on negativity.

    Keep your posts coming! ^__^

    Pallas

    ReplyDelete