Monday, September 7, 2009

The President's Speech to Schoolchildren

Can someone explain to me what all the fuss is about?
I didn't vote for Bush and I basically considered him a person I was not proud of but I still thought he deserved respect because of the office he held. He was the PRESIDENT of our country regardless. I certainly wouldn't have objected to him speaking to my child in school.
I am really worried about the fringe element in this country that is no longer a "fringe".
I also hate to say this but I think there is an element of race. I really think there are some people who just can't stomach the fact that a black man is POTUS. I don't think I have ever seen this level of hatred and disrespect for our leader before. Frankly, it concerns me.
I also don't understand why it is allowed to go on without being called for what it is, why some of these guys are allowed to spew this hate [Beck, Limbuagh] unchecked. We have one pastor of a church here in AZ who says from the pulpit that he wants to see Pres Obama dead. And there are people parading in front of this idiot's church with signs supporting him. That's hate speech.They should be ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment